Tea by Two is a small, women owned business located in Bel Air, Harford County, Maryland. We are dedicated to providing our community with quality loose leaf tea, unique gifts and the ritual of tea time in a restorative and relaxing atmosphere. If you love working with people and have a passion for tea, we want to meet you!
We are accepting job applications for the position of server. Current hours are Wednesday 9:45 am -Close, Friday 8:45 am -Close and every other Saturday (2 Saturdays/mo) 8:45 am -Close.
Commitment & Availability
Must be able to commit for a minimum of a full year AVAILABILITY: Specific availability can vary by position. For all positions, the following is required:
- WEEKENDS: Weekends required (Fridays, Saturdays, and occasional Sundays)
- HOLIDAYS: Days before and after Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Year’s are mandatory.
- EVENINGS: Occasional evening hours are required.
- Please do not apply if you cannot accommodate the above availability.
Duties and qualifications
- Customer service skills to include: greeting, guiding, advising, assisting customers in a friendly manner
- Encourage sales through outstanding tea knowledge
- Prepare and serve food
- Prepare and serve hot and iced beverages
- Quickly gain a working knowledge of 80+ teas and related products
- Guide customers on proper brew techniques
- Weigh / package bulk tea and stock product
- Must be able to lift 30-40 lbs.
- Communicate effectively with management, coworkers, and customers (in person and via phone)
- Multi-task between serving customers and other assignments as given by manager
- Cleaning (including washing dishes and cleaning the bathroom)
The ideal candidate is a motivated person with a positive attitude and strong work ethic. Must be able to follow direction and work independently in a detail oriented manner. A thirst for learning is required (previous tea knowledge not required).
This position involves some physical stamina and strength. This may include, but is not limited to: standing up to 8 hours, lifting 30-40 pound boxes, carrying 3-6 pound trays of dishes/food.