Tea by Two is a small, women owned business located in Bel Air, Harford County, Maryland. We are dedicated to providing our community with quality loose leaf tea, unique gifts and the ritual of tea time in a restorative and relaxing atmosphere. If you love working with people and have a passion for tea, we want to meet you!
We are currently accepting job applications.
Current hours are Tuesday & Thursdays 9:30 am – Close and every other Saturday (2 Saturdays/mo) 9:30 am -Close.
Commitment & Availability
Must be able to commit for a minimum of a full year AVAILABILITY: Specific availability can vary by position. For all positions, the following is required:
- WEEKENDS: Weekends required(Fridays, Saturdays, and occasional Sundays)
- HOLIDAYS: Days before and after Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Year’s are mandatory.
- EVENINGS: Occasional evening hours are required.
- Please do not apply if you cannot accommodate the above availability.
Duties and qualifications
- Customer service skills to include: greeting, guiding, advising, assisting customers in a friendly manner
- Encourage sales through outstanding tea knowledge
- Prep and serve food
- Prepare and serve hot and iced beverages
- Quickly gain a working knowledge of 80+ teas and related products
- Guide customers on proper brew techniques
- Weigh / package bulk tea and stock product
- Must be able to lift 25 -30 lbs.
- Communicate effectively with management, coworkers, and customers (in person and via phone)
- Multi-task between serving customers and other assignments as given by manager
- Cleaning (including washing dishes, sweeping, mopping and bathrooms )
The ideal candidate is a motivated person with a positive attitude and strong work ethic. Must be able to follow direction and work independently in a detail oriented manner. A thirst for learning is required (previous tea knowledge not required).
Hours: 28 – 35 hrs/week
We are looking for a motivated Kitchen Manager to join our team! You will maintain the operation of the kitchen, from food preparation and quality control to inventory and physical maintenance.
We need a natural leader with the ability to supervise and direct as well experience with food prep and expediting. Someone who is passionate about good food and exceeding quality standards as well as creating memorable tea experiences. In addition, you will be expected to manage multiple priorities and contribute to a friendly and productive team atmosphere. ServeSafe or Food Handler’s certification preferred or willingness to obtain.
- Prepare foods of all types, on a regular basis
- Educate and train all team members in compliance with federal, state, and local laws and safety regulations
- Direct the flow of orders and expedite from beginning to end and delegate tasks to staff as necessary
- Check the quality of raw and cooked food products to ensure that health standards are met
- Achieve and maintain company and brand standards for quality and guest satisfaction
- Ensure security and proper storage of food and beverage products, inventory and equipment and replenish supplies in a timely and efficient manner while minimizing waste
- Interface with local health department and organize any changes to equipment and workflow as necessary
- ServeSafe or Food Handler’s certification, or willingness to obtain
- Advanced knowledge of food service regulations preferred but not required
- Must be organized, skilled with time management
- Must be able to stand for 6-7 hours per shift in an environment with extreme temperatures
- Able to lift, carry, or pull objects that may be heavy (10-30 lbs)
Hours: 16 – 24 hours/week
We are looking for a customer-focused Host to join our team! You will be welcoming guests, seating them in the restaurant, and helping ensure they enjoy an exceptional tea experience.
You are a natural people person who can quickly build rapport with guests and create a welcoming atmosphere. Detail-oriented and able to manage multiple priorities, you rely on your excellent organization and communication skills to bring your best each day for yourself, restaurant staff, and guests.
- Answer the phone and converse with guests regarding reservations, changes to seatings or other questions
- Greet guests and seat them at tables
- Provide guests with menus
- Assign patrons to tables suitable for their needs
- Inform guests of current promotions and daily specials
- Take orders and input into POS order system
- Hand off order to kitchen staff
- Manage the flow of guests into the dining and provide accurate wait times to incoming guests if appropriate
- Operate POS/cash registers to accept payments for food and beverages as well as gift shop items
- Restock gift shop items and supplies as necessary
- Dust and keep gift shop and work area clean and presentable to guests
- Other duties as assigned by management
- Previous restaurant hosting or serving experience preferred (not required)
- Friendly and customer-focused personality
- Ability to articulate clear greetings and farewells to guests, as well as being able to understand requests for assistance
- Ability to clearly communicate guests’ needs to Servers, Bussers, Managers,
- Ability to effectively communicate on the telephone
- Must be able to carry trays or supplies (10-30 )
These positions involve some physical stamina and strength. This may include, but is not limited to: standing up to 8 hours, lifting 25 – 30 pound boxes, carrying 3-6 pound trays of dishes/food.