Tea by Two is a small, women owned business located in Bel Air, Harford County, Maryland. We are dedicated to providing our community with quality loose leaf tea, unique gifts and the ritual of tea time in a restorative and relaxing atmosphere. If you love working with people and have a passion for tea, we want to meet you!
We are currently accepting job applications.
All applicants must fill out our standard application form, which is available via our website, or our store. Submit your application via email: [email protected] or in person.
Commitment & Availability
Must be able to commit for a minimum of a full year AVAILABILITY: Specific availability can vary by position. For all positions, the following is required:
- WEEKENDS: Weekends required(Fridays, Saturdays, and occasional Sundays)
- HOLIDAYS: Days before and after Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Year’s are mandatory.
- EVENINGS: Occasional evening hours are required.
- Please do not apply if you cannot accommodate the above availability.
Duties and qualifications
- Customer service skills to include: greeting, guiding, advising, assisting customers in a friendly manner
- Encourage sales through outstanding tea knowledge
- Prep and serve food
- Prepare and serve hot and iced beverages
- Quickly gain a working knowledge of 80+ teas and related products
- Guide customers on proper brew techniques
- Weigh / package bulk tea and stock product
- Must be able to lift 25 -30 lbs.
- Communicate effectively with management, coworkers, and customers (in person and via phone)
- Multi-task between serving customers and other assignments as given by manager
- Cleaning (including washing dishes, sweeping, mopping and bathrooms )
The ideal candidate is a motivated person with a positive attitude and strong work ethic. Must be able to follow direction and work independently in a detail oriented manner. A thirst for learning is required (previous tea knowledge not required).
This position involves some physical stamina and strength. This may include, but is not limited to: standing up to 8 hours, lifting 25 – 30 pound boxes, carrying 3-6 pound trays of dishes/food.
Hours: 28 – 35 hrs/week
We are looking for a motivated Kitchen Manager to join our team! You will maintain the operation of the kitchen, from food preparation and quality control to inventory and physical maintenance.
We need a natural leader with the ability to supervise and direct as well experience with food prep and expediting. Someone who is passionate about good food and exceeding quality standards as well as creating memorable tea experiences. In addition, you will be expected to manage multiple priorities and contribute to a friendly and productive team atmosphere. ServeSafe or Food Handler’s certification preferred or willingness to obtain.
- Prepare foods of all types, on a regular basis
- Educate and train all team members in compliance with federal, state, and local laws and safety regulations
- Direct the flow of orders and expedite from beginning to end and delegate tasks to staff as necessary
- Check the quality of raw and cooked food products to ensure that health standards are met
- Achieve and maintain company and brand standards for quality and guest satisfaction
- Ensure security and proper storage of food and beverage products, inventory and equipment and replenish supplies in a timely and efficient manner while minimizing waste
- Interface with local health department and organize any changes to equipment and workflow as necessary
- ServeSafe or Food Handler’s certification, or willingness to obtain
- Advanced knowledge of food service regulations preferred but not required
- Must be organized, skilled with time management
- Must be able to stand for 6-7 hours per shift in an environment with extreme temperatures
- Able to lift, carry, or pull objects that may be heavy (10-30 lbs)